R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client was is an independent asset manager specialising in both local and offshore equities. The business was created in 2015 through the merger of two entrepreneurial, boutique businesses within the investment group. The company is based in Cape Town, South Africa and manage almost R20 billion in assets on behalf of our clients. The company is passionate about applying their independent thinking to finding fresh insights and discovering opportunities that deliver investments that outperform over the long term.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a wealth of experience to have a significant impact on the overall outcome of the continued success of the business.
They now seek a Head of Business Development to join their team. You will report into the Chairman of the Exco. You will have a support assistant and a marketing person to assist you achieve your goal. We are looking for someone who understands the international market and is excited about marketing offshore funds and has good institutional contacts but also is keen to work with the top 25 IFA”s in SA.
International clients and asset consultants in the UK will be where you would focus; retail and institutional in equal measure in the SA context.
Your international exposure for this role is essential.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for coordinating and executing the sales and support strategies for investments products (equity and balanced funds (including segregated institutional mandates where applicable) globally.
- You will be supported by a dedicated business development support role for CRM, due diligence processes and other client service relating tasks;
- You will be responsible for materially increasing gross and net sales of solutions and products domestic and globally;
- You will be required to improve the efficiency and penetration of sales efforts via enhanced targeting of clients for products, improved management of sales campaigns;
- You will be required to increase the knowledge of advisors and investors to obtain greater client exposure for our product range;
- You will be required to present and execute the go to market sales strategy.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are not just a sales person but a strategic thinker, too; this is a very smart business and performance is good but needs to be appropriately marketed to a select target market;
- You are able to present a clear, well thought out distribution plan for the company – the go to market strategy; with a working knowledge of how to market off shore funds as this is not a skill they have in the business;
- You are able to engage at a high level ito product knowledge, presenting appropriate solutions to respective clients and add value to their clients;
- You have relationship management skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You have the ability to work under pressure to complete responsibilities within identified deadlines;
- You are highly motivated self-starter, results-driven and teamwork oriented.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Bus Sc/CFA part/CFP;
- You have minimum 10 years current, relevant experience (on a senior level) in South Africa and offshore in the role of business development specialist and a track record of successful relationships;
- You are backed up by meaningful long term relationships in the offshore market; local market – both institutional and retail;
- You have in depth knowledge of the industry landscape as well as the key players in both the institutional market (consultants), multi-managers, sovereign wealth funds and DFM’s (retail investors), and large IFA’s; this is critical!
- You have expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, is required. CRM would be a distinct advantage.
SIGNIFICANT role – TOP job for the right person and rewards will be significant!