R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS! BRAND NEW ROLE!
Our client started in 2008 to provide unsecured lending products and services to the SA market. The company started with a staff compliment of 34 and has since grown to over 3000 staff with more than 300 branches, nationally. Within the branches the company offers insurance, transactional banking and lending products and servicing. The company is a licensed financial services and registered credit provider.
They now seek a Finance Director to join their team.
You have good technical competence and business and commercial acumen. There are 20 people reporting to this role. In addition to the technical aspect of the role you have honed commercial and business acumen and the ability to manage the properties the group own and where their branches are based.
The role reports to the CEO, who was the prior incumbent of the role.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the setting and execution of financial strategy for both a lending and transactional banking business and maintaining a long-term focus on the direction and sustainability of these businesses;
- You will be responsible for the execution of the financial strategy through managers and their teams, over a 3 – 5 year period.
- Financial strategy:
- You will be required to align financial and governance strategy to needs in the external market (inclusive of legislative changes);
- You will be required to contribute to and be individually responsible for implementing the broader financial strategy across the company and group over a 3-5 year period;
- You will be required to translate strategy into business plan;
- You will be required to understand the economic drivers of the business and drive decision making to ensure the best economic value for all stakeholders.
- Financial reporting;
- You will be responsible for preparation of audited annual financial statements for the company, the group and business level/s in accordance with IFRS;
- You will be responsible for the preparation of management accounts, financial reports and record keeping for the company through other managers and their teams.
- Capital management:
- You will be responsible for the capital management to ensure that the company has the most efficient capital structure;
- You will be required to oversee economic capital modelling in order to determine the most appropriate level of risk capital required.
- Treasury management:
- You will be required to set the funding strategy and plan for the group;
- You will be required to ensure that the business has sufficient and cost effective short and medium term funding lines with banks and the group;
- You will be required to manage engagements with debt advisors, arrangers and rating agents;
- You will be responsible for managing excess liquidity in the most return efficient manner;
- You will be required to design and implement the hedging strategy of the business.
- Business planning:
- You will be required to develop and take accountability for the business plan for both the lending and transactional banking businesses.
- Tax management:
- You will be responsible for all tax returns of the businesses;
- You will be required to drive engagement with SARS (in consultation with group tax) relating to business specific tax matters;
- You will be required to look for opportunities to minimise tax liabilities and risks of the organisation.
- Governance and compliance:
- You will be required to ensure IAS compliance within the company and group;
- You will be required to ensure best financial operating practices are in place;
- You will be required to ensure tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met;
- You will be responsible for internal and external audit liaison and external audit fee negotiations;
- You will be required to set financial policies for the business.
- Risk management:
- You will be required to monitor financial processes and performance for business unit / segment;
- You will be required to participate in risk management processes and forums of the business.
- Management effectiveness:
- You will be required to manage staff and align staff performance contracts to business plans;
- You will be required to develop MO’s and specialists under supervision;
- You will be required to hold first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management;
- You will be required to lead teams to optimise delivery;
- You will be required to contribute to, and implement, broader financial strategy across the business;
- You will be required to have a long term focus on future financial direction of the business;
- You will be responsible for the preparation of all financial reports, results and commentary and statutory financial statements whilst ensuring best financial operating practice and compliance;
- You will be required to manage financial and operational performance;
- You will be required to influence the business on corrective actions required on issues relating to financial outcomes;
- You will be responsible for audit liaison as well as tax, legislative and statutory requirements;
- You will be responsible for the treasury function and for setting the funding strategy and plan, including negotiating funding terms with external funding providers;
- You will be responsible for translating business strategy into business plans over a three year outlook period and managing the projection complexity of key assumptions relating to loan book growth and run-off, NII, NIR, credit loss experience, operating costs and ROE;
- You will be responsible for financial analysis and scenario planning to inform business response to key operating model changes;
- You will be required to review business models and economics of various business areas and make recommendations in this regard;
- You will be required to manage financial resources and could manage non-financial functions;
- You will be the decision-making member of the company’s property board that approves new branches and lease renewals;
- You will be responsible for management of extensive range of stakeholders, including both sets of shareholders, board and sub-committee chairpersons and external funding providers.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have superior and defined people management skills and the ability to develop others;
- You have excellent leadership skills and drive;
- You have honed business acumen from local and international businesses and have global best practice standards;
- You have a stellar work ethic.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a minimum 7 – 10 years current, relevant financial services experience in similar capacity;
- You have a minimum 5 – 8 years’ current, relevant senior management experience.
A role where your expert knowledge will be celebrated in a highly successful business! This is a CAREER making role. You must be smart, street wise savvy and articulate and smart! You do not have to be hard or brash but able to stand your ground and be influential and innovative.