R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, they deliver above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders.
They now seek a Liability Driven Investments (LDI) Portfolio Manager to join their team. You will report to the Senior Portfolio Manager.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to implement, manage LDI portfolios, which include interest, inflation risk management, analysing credit asset investments and interest rate derivative overlay strategies;
- You will be required to interface with the market, internal support teams to formulate and manage the ongoing investment strategy;
- You will be responsible for managing the interest rate, inflation risk and liquidity for customised LDI portfolios;
- You will be responsible for ensuring the LDI portfolios outperform the benchmarks as defined in each of the portfolio mandates;
- You will be responsible for the trading of fixed income instruments, nominal bonds, inflation-linked bonds, interest rate derivatives and credit bonds;
- You will be required to assist in the allocation, pricing of credit investments and ensuring yield enhancement targets are met considering overlay strategy costs;
- You will be responsible for engaging with the banks and arrange with regards to the primary market issuances;
- You will be required to proactively develop and structure instruments with the banks that meet the risk and or return requirements of the client portfolios;
- You will be required to monitor domestic, global market trends and analysing their effect on investments to ensure the successful management of the portfolios;
- You will be required to be articulate and present market views to the team;
- You will be required to summarise local credit market data, view with the input from bank and internal credit analysts to present to the team;
- You will be responsible for engaging with the clients in order to provide monthly, quarterly performance feedback, commentaries and for ad hoc requests.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities;
- You are able to monitor information;
- You have enthusiasm with a passion for investments across the fixed income environment;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are adaptable;
- You are able to initiate action;
- You are assertive and confident;
- You are motivated with high energy levels;
- You have a professional approach;
- You are articulate and confident;
- You have excellent planning and organisational skills;
- You are a team player and have the ability to work independently;
- You have a high stress tolerance;
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English;
- You have strong presentation skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com (Mathematics or Statistics);
- You have a CFA; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You are a qualified JSE bond trader, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 6 – 8 years current, relevant experience of which 3 – 5 years should include experience in the fixed income market and or specifically the inflation-linked bond market or listed credit market;
- You have current, relevant experience within an asset management or bank treasury environment and have credible analysis experience in the interest bearing and inflation space.
Top job for experienced, friendly, can do expert. Rewards on performance are profound and include superior bonuses and outstanding career opportunities.