R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
They now seek a Finance Fee Specialist to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for preparation of manual and automated management fee calculations;
- You will be required to ensure that clients are billed in line with timelines set in the investment mandates and that problem items are escalated timeously;
- You will be required to follow up of outstanding fees and review of FTRs (Fund Transfer Requests);
- You will be responsible for preparation of Funds under Management (FUM), Funds under Advisement (FUA) and Net Client Cashflow (NCCF); You will be responsible for reporting to corporate accounting;
- You will be required to resolve differences between related parties at month end;
- You will be required to respond to any queries from corporate regarding FUMS and fees;
- You will be responsible for preparation and review of Inter-company report and imbalances report (iro fees earned by the company from related parties and funds managed on behalf of related parties or by related parties on behalf of the company);
- You will be responsible for preparation of fee information produced for use by internal and external clients;
- You will be responsible for ad hoc reporting and accounting projects;
- You will be responsible for liaising with external and internal auditors as required on ad hoc basis as well as half yearly and at year end; You will be responsible for ensuring that audit schedules updated monthly;
- You will be responsible for supportive management role when current line manager delegates as such;
- You will be required to ensure tax compliance with the company group policies and ensure VAT recon for the company is completed within agreed timeline;
- You will be required to ensure that the company maintains necessary documentation to comply with VAT legislation.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have decision making skills;
- You have information monitoring skills;
- You are able to initiate action;
- You have ownership skills;
- You are team orientated;
- You have strong technical knowledge.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com hnrs (majoring in accounting);
- You have current, relevant experience in the financial services industry;
- You have current, relevant experience in the investment management industry;
- You have strong team leadership qualities and mentoring experience to be used in supporting role;
- You have the ability to work under pressure to produce good quality results within tight deadlines;
- You have the ability and willingness to synthesise masses of information, and to effectively analyse and utilize it to keep sight of the big picture;
- You have strong computer literacy skills – You have working knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel advanced) essential;
- You have stong knowledge of Great Plains accounting package and Hiport would be a distinct advantage;
- You have string knowledge of REVPORT would be a distinct advantage.
This is a smart team and you will be able to plot your career path in this business. Global best practice work environment. Rewards on performance are good and sustained. People are happy, smiling and busy here!