THIS IS AN INSTITUTIONAL CLIENT MANAGER FOR THE INTERNATIONAL OFFERING – NO MONEY MANAGEMENT
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies.
Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for institutional client servicing, retention and business development using a good understanding of investment markets, business operations, portfolio’s, investment views and global savings landscape.
You have excellent knowledge of financial markets and investment products and enjoys building and maintaining sophisticated institutional client relationships with international investment consultants and institutions. You will be required to conduct presentations, fly around the world and keep abreast of markets while being part of a globally growing team and top performing company.
Grit and persistence is key in this role!
This role requires extended travel of 7 – 10 days at a time.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to act as custodian for a specific group of international clients;
- You will be required to be the conduit for all institutional clients between investment and operations teams and ongoing meeting of clients’ requirements;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, as well as designated consultants and potential clients;
- You will be required to ensure clients are in the right product for their needs;
- You will be required to be aware of the company’s full product range and make clients aware of alternative products, where appropriate;
- You will be required to be well versed in communicating the company’s products and investment views to existing and potential clients in an appropriate manner;
- You will be required to coordinate and manage the mandate process and any other client-related matters;
- You will be required to manage client interaction, report backs and information sharing to targeted client groups;
- You will be required to ensure client development;
- You will be required to present to clients with gravitas;
- You will be required to keep clients abreast of market events on a regular basis.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have proven presentation skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure and during tough presentations;
- You are able to liaise and present with credibility and impact;
- You have the innate ability to build and maintain client relationships;
- You have the ability to function effectively from a “mobile” office environment;
- You have the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and sometimes from a “mobile” office environment;
- You are a responsible and accountable individual;
- You are highly diligent;
- You are conscientious;
- You are a finisher; tenacious and goal-orientated;
- You have strong numeracy skills;
- You have the ability to work in fast moving environment;
- You are pro-active;
- You are a self-starter;
- You have the ability to multi-task;
- You are highly organised and efficient;
- You have superb communication skills, both written and verbal, in English;
- You are a team player, a willingness to learn and you operate well within a team – based environment;
- You are accountable to goals given and set within the team;
- You have the ability to present well and build good relationships externally and internally;
- You possess an ownership mentality and a willingness to take responsibility for tasks through to completion;
- You are meticulous, goal orientated and hands on.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have an investment or related qualification – CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services, B. Sc, B.Bus Sc,, CFA, Actuarial or MBA;
- You have eight to ten years current, relevant investment industry-related experience, asset consulting or global investment related experience; the latter would be an advantage;
- You have an understanding of institutional asset management, industry dynamics and distribution networks;
- You have knowledge of the MS Office suite of products as well as database experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious company; with great rewards on success!