R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS TO ATTRACT A TOP CALIBRE CANDIDATE
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies.
Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom. They now seek a Client Services Fund Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining sophisticated institutional client relationships. You will conduct presentations and may be required to fly nationally in support of the role. You will be required to keep abreast of the markets while being part of a globally growing team and top performing company.
Please note that this role requires lots of regular national travel. You are passionate about investments and client servicing. No hard selling.
Please note this role is for suitably qualified Affirmative Action candidates only.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to act as custodian for a specific group of institutional clients;
- You will be required to act as the conduit for all institutional clients between investment and operations teams and meeting of clients’ requirements on an ongoing basis;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with your clients, as well as designated consultants and potential clients;
- You will be required to ensure clients are in the right product for their needs;
- You will be required to be aware of the company’s full product range and make clients aware of alternative products where appropriate;
- You will be required to coordinate and manage the mandate process and any other client-related matters;
- You will be required to oversee the client interaction, report backs and information sharing to targeted client groups;
- You will be required to ensure client development;
- You will be required to present to clients with gravitas;
- You will be required to keep clients abreast of market events on a regular basis.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have proven presentation skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure and during tough presentations;
- You have the ability to build and maintain client relationships;
- You have the ability to function effectively from a “mobile” office environment;
- You have the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and sometimes from mobile office environments;
- You are a highly responsible and accountable individual;
- You are diligent and conscientious;
- You are a finisher; tenacious and goal-orientated;
- You have strong numeracy skills;
- You have an ability to work in fast moving environment;
- You are pro-active and a self-starter;
- You have the ability to multi-task;
- You are highly organised and efficient;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, in English;
- You are a team player and willing to learn.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have an investment or related qualification – B. Bus Science, B.Com hnrs, CFA or part, CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have five years current, relevant investment industry-related support experience and experience working with institutional clients;
- You are able to liaise and present with credibility and impact to trustees of pension funds and senior asset consultants;
- You have an understanding of institutional asset management, industry dynamics and distribution networks;
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products;
- You have database experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious company; with great rewards on success! They are top of the pops with clients and asset consultants and have a happy, smiling and busy business culture.