R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client was established in 1918 and has been a prominent part of the South African business landscape. They have always held a long-term view of how business adapts to the demands of the environment in which it operates and today, in a dynamic world, they see an evolving set of social, economic, political and environmental imperatives that require their skillful response.
They now seek a Legal Advisor to join their team. You will report to the Head of Legal Operations. The role is a specialist role with no direct reports but significant exposure.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates. You will be busy, smiling and happy!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for drafting and reviewing the legal agreements applicable to the different business units;
- You will be responsible for advising on the impact of legislation applicable to the different business units and their clients;
- You will be responsible for general legal advisory responsibilities;
- You will be responsible for drafting of legal opinions;
- You will be responsible for engaging and briefing of senior counsel;
- You will be responsible for legal documentation management;
- You will be responsible for legal risk management reporting;
- You will be responsible for presentations on various legal topics and developments to the different business units.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You are meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to interact with a diverse range of clients;
- You have a proactive approach and are a lateral thinker;
- You are results driven and self-motivated;
- You have the ability to thrive within a high pressured environment;
- You have a strong ability to manage time and priorities well;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills;
- You are able to cultivate relationships with peers in the industry and within the group;
- You have the ability to act independently whilst being a good team player.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are an Admitted Attorney;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant practical experience in a commercial department of a law firm or financial institution and if in a legal firm in the financial services section;
- You have excellent drafting experience;
- You have the ability to interpret legislation and make recommendations taking into account the business requirements;
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of the financial market legislation primarily Cisca, FAIS and FSB notices in respect of legislation;
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and financial instruments;
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of the various kinds of business units described above;
- You are computer literate with proven proficiency in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint and Excel).
This is a great opportunity to set your career up with an outstanding outfit where you will rub shoulders with super smart people and be rewarded handsomely for your effort!