R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading independent financial services company, delivering a broad range of financial services and products, on a face-to-face model and via integrated electronic platforms. They specifically focus on wealth management, asset management and insurance solutions for individuals, families and enterprises.
They now seek a Technical Financial Planning Specialist to join their team. You are an ex-legal adviser, now providing wider financial planning support for advisers.
You will report to the Head: Technical Adviser Support (TAS).
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to support formulation of the company’s technical financial planning house view and policies;
- You will be required to support the business drive to standardize advice processes, tools and documentation;
- You will be required to be the technical financial planning support to the company’s advisers, including ad hoc queries, proposals and presentations;
- You will be responsible for sign-off of large client financial planning proposals;
- You will be required to identify training needs, develop training material and conduct training via webinars, workshops etc.;
- You will be required to write and publish quality articles and newsletters;
- You will be required to perform product and service provider due diligence;
- You will be required to conduct training regularly to ensure continuous upskilling of advisers;
- You will be required to provide technical legal support to TAS and the rest of distribution, including myPractice (CRM) team;
- You will be required to perform ongoing industry research to support advisers and inform house views and policies.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong sales and client interaction skills to assist with and present high net worth client proposals;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English and Afrikaans;
- You have a keen eye for detail and finishing;
- You have the ability to work under pressure, self-manage and observe deadlines;
- You are able to work effectively in a team.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com (Law / LLB);
- You have a CFP and / or Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning, or studying towards; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant financial services industry experience;
- You have strong working knowledge and experience of the financial planning landscape in South Africa, including advice aspects such as investment, risk, estate and tax planning;
- You have robust working knowledge of South African financial services regulatory developments including RDR etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very smart and professional team and be generously rewarded on performance!