R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company. They now seek a Risk Analyst to join their team.
They now seek a Senior Business Analyst and Product Owner (PO) to join their team. This would be to run their client applications and all interactive applications – web etc. We don’t need a tecchie but certainly a VERY strong BA with technical business capability; on line and digital and relevant investments industry knowledge. You will also manage a smart, capable team. Most of the heavy lifting for this project has been done but the delivery and constant improvement and innovation is your role.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to encompass elements of traditional systems analysis, business requirements analysis and product process management within the software delivery function of the digital domain (currently the secure transactional applications provided to the company’s clients, but may over time include other digital channels);
- You will be required to be the primary link between the client business unit and the development team;
- You will be required to inform business solution design based on understanding technical constraints and opportunities.
- You will be responsible for facilitating the development of the technical solution design that best meets the business requirement, namely;
- You will be responsible for ensuring rigorous business analysis has been completed;
- You will be responsible for helping the development team to design the appropriate technical implementation;
- You will be responsible for providing the UX/UI team with input on design constraint.;
- You will be responsible for developing and facilitating an effective ‘product process’ to ensure that the product evolves to meet target client needs and aligns with the company’s overall service model;
- You will be required to prioritise and manage the 3-month product backlog, including seeking opportunities to address technical debt.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have superior problem-solving through applying analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Technology at the company is an enabler of delivering superior client service on investments managed by the company. You are able to first-and-foremost be a problem-solver, and facilitate meeting clients’ needs through the innovative application of technology.
- You have superior process design and facilitation skills:
- The company’s technology teams generally adhere to modern Agile practices, but you are able to implement Agile product development processes relevant to their product and that takes into account the unique technology and business context of the company’s business;
- PO’s do not ‘own’ their product nor do they have complete autonomy over their product’s evolution. Instead, successful PO’s will identify who their business stakeholders are and what their role should be in the product process so ensure that the business deliver to clients a product and service that is aligned to the company’s business model.
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English:
- You are able to communicate the business requirement to the development team, as well as the technical opportunities and constraints to the business stakeholders so that the team delivers value to its client / user.
- You have a “Nose for value”:
- You are able to make ongoing tradeoffs between being responsive to changing client needs and behaviour, satisfying business need for speed to market and building technically-robust and flexible solutions so that long-term business value is delivered.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You B.Bus Sc or B.Sc
- strong interest in technology generally and financial services, specifically;
- You have a track record of achievement in the top 25% of your peer group in your studies and work output;
- You have current, relevant experience working with software development teams and managing software projects;
- You have current, relevant experience working in highly analytical, problem-solving teams (e.g. product development, strategy).
Wonderful opportunity to work in a global best practice working environment and for a successful, hardworking and friendly team. Prior candidate has moved roles leaving a big gap for a new smart person to fill. World class business; top drawer colleagues and stellar career path!