R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partners in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
They now seek a Sales Manager Group Channels to join their team. The role will look after the BDM and BDC team supporting this client’s largest internal client and their tide force relationships across the whole of Gauteng. The role requires someone with investments and staff management experience. The role has four direct reports but the portfolio will grow to approximately six direct reports.
You would be in a CIS/institutional investments space including potentially a multimanager. The role reports to the Head of Retail Distribution.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of the team of retail distribution BDM’s & BDC’s within retail group channels within the Johannesburg, Pretoria and other Inland regions, in supporting their day to day BDM and asset gathering responsibilities within their respective regions with the overall goal of growing the company’s retail product assets within these channels through the achievement of annual sales targets and objectives;
- You will be required to manage the activities of the group channel BDM / BDC sales force within the Johannesburg, Pretoria and broader inland regions (in conjunction with and through the leadership of the sales manager responsible for group channels within the Western, Southern, Eastern Cape and Kwa-Zulu Natal who in addition to these responsibilities is also responsible for the overall coordination of the group channel BDM team and forum at a national level);
- You will be required to manage and ensure the development of the BDM’s / BDC’s to achieve regional retail asset management and linked product sales targets within the group channels within the Johannesburg, Pretoria and broader Inland regions;
- You will be required to manage the activities of the group channel outbound sales teams in Johannesburg within the group channels;
- You will be responsible for involvement in the formulation and implementation of the retail distribution strategy into group channels;
- You will be required to have a good understanding of the competitors and their products;
- You will be required to assist in building people capacity in the Johannesburg, Pretoria and broader Inland regions by attracting, developing and retaining talent in order to meet current and future business requirements;
- You will be required to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across business and group channels within Johannesburg, Pretoria and broader Inland regions (in conjunction with the regional team of retail BDMs within these regions);
- You will be responsible for the involvement in the development of annual sales targets and sales budgets for group channels within the Johannesburg, Pretoria and broader inland regions with the group channel management forum.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are sales orientated;
- You have excellent people management skills;
- You have superior presentation skills;
- You have honed communication and interpersonal skills;
- You have strategy translation skills;
- You have strong relationships building skills;
- You are able to lead team, effectively.;
- You are willing to travel.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com;B.Bus Sc;
- You have a CFP;
- You have 8 years current, relevant management experience within the retail sales channels as well as in the management of sales teams;
- You have extensive knowledge of the retail intermediary market;
- You have extensive experience of the unit trust asset management industry as well as linked investment service provider products (LISP) industry;
- You have knowledge of the investment industry;
- You have excellent people management skills (coaching, development, building talent); You have current, relevant experience managing a sales team;
- You have advanced sales knowledge;
- You have legislation and regulatory environment within retail asset management, LISP and retail intermediary environment experience.
This is an exciting and essential role. You are a consummate professional sales manager with experience in retail investments and managing teams. You will have to hit the ground running. You will be well rewarded for same!