R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client in the broad is a long-term savings, protection and investment group, providing life assurance, asset management, banking and general insurance in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. This team plays a central, co-ordination and strategic role within the group balance sheet management function. This team is the main touch point in balance sheet management for the numerous business units within the group, which include banking and insurance businesses, spanning over 13 countries across Africa, Latin America and Asia.
They now seek a Group Treasury Senior Manager to join their team. You will report to the Treasurer.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the management, oversight of the group treasury portfolios, e.g. funding, cash management, liquidity, treasury front office and for the company group treasury;
- Treasury management:
- You will be responsible for the management of the liquidity in conjunction with the group risk, ensuring that the businesses operate within the liquidity framework and in accordance with the approved liquidity risk limits. This would also include the design and implementation of liquidity stress tests;
- You will be responsible for the liquidity buffer management ensuring that the group has sufficient liquidity for BAU as well as under stress events;
- You will be responsible for the management of the tracking of loan covenants, loan commitments and guarantees;
- You will be responsible for the management of the internal BU, segment funding requirements and optimal allocation of funding;
- You will be responsible for the management of the production of the group funding plan to ensure that the group has sufficient and optimal funding at all times;
- You will be responsible for the management of the group Contingency Funding Plan (CFP);
- You will be responsible for the management of the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) methodology and implementation;
- You will be responsible for the management of the production of the group capital plan to ensure that the group has sufficient and optimal capital at all times;
- You will be responsible for the management and the monitoring of cash positions to ensure that cash is optimally managed and adequate returns are generated;
- You will be responsible for the management, reporting and execution of Inter-group loans;
- You will be responsible for the oversight of the trading activities (outsourced either internally within the company or externally);
- Interaction with key governance structures:
- You will be required to support the group treasurer in preparation of the requirements for the group Asset Liability Committee (ALCO); Company Capital Management Committee (CMC); Executive Risk Committee (ERC) and Board Risk Committee (BRC);
- You will be responsible to support the group treasurer to enable liaison with group CFO at times of a liquidity crisis and for the invoking of the Liquidity Crisis Committee (LCC).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent collaboration skills;
- You have the ability to put the customer first;
- You have good execution skills;
- You are able to lead with influence;
- You have personal mastery skills;
- You are strategic;
- You are able to balance your priorities with directing and motivating others;
- You are able to create a climate for optimal performance;
- You are able to guide and direct staff to achieve operational excellence standards;
- You have a proven track record of being individually accountable for others’ time, tasks and output quality, for periods 1 to 2 years;
- You are able to manage performance;
- You are able to plan and assign work over applicable period;
- You are able to select potential staff to sustain customer / client service delivery;
- You are able to embed the values of the organisation across all direct and indirect reports while demonstrating the ACT NOW leadership behaviours;
- You have strong relationship building skills and track record;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have robust report writing and negotiating skills;
- You have the ability to make decisions and to work productively under pressure;
- You are pro-active, confident and self-motivated.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have Masters (finance /accounting);
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ current, relevant experience in the financial services industry;
- You have current, relevant treasury management experience in the financial services industry;
- You have a strong technical understanding of the financial services sector’s products and practices;
- You have a strong technical understanding of regulatory environments as they relate to liquidity and capital, ensuring the treasury team and business are always appraised of developments and changes together with the likely impacts to business;
- You have current, relevant experience of managing a team of professionals / technical experts.
An exciting and challenging position for an individual who is result oriented and has a consistent track record of exceeding standards and expectations. The effort will be well rewarded!