R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- to attract and entice!
Our clients investment philosophy is to extract and participate in asset returns within the high potential markets where they operate. They source opportunities and create asset portfolios:
- through an on-the-ground team of experienced professionals;
- applying specialist skills and investment focus together with expertise in portfolio construction;
- working in close collaboration with independent and empowered risk management and legal professionals.
They seek to build high quality investment portfolios consisting of illiquid assets and to provide a single point of access to multiple credit strategies.
They now seek a Senior Credit Analyst to join their team. You will be required to have demonstrated a credible credit risk track record with exposure across a broad spectrum of unlisted asset classes (e.g. leveraged finance, property finance, asset backed etc.), as well as more broad corporate experience.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to analyse the risks associated with new lending; structuring and derivative proposals with the intention of facilitating new business. This entails being fully involved in all the steps of a transaction, from start to execution, as well as post pay-away monitoring thereafter;
- You will be required to pro-actively manage and monitor an existing portfolio of loans with the purpose being to assess the ongoing credit worthiness of a portfolio of counterparties through detailed credit analysis;
- You will be required to represent the franchise’s risk team in engagements with potential and existing clients / investors with the aim of convincing them of risk management capabilities, processes and frameworks;
- You will be required to be a valued advisor to the business in terms of asset origination and portfolio management;
- You will be responsible for delivering high quality written and verbal analysis and recommendations on time and consistently;
- You will be responsible for fulfilling every aspect of the deal making process as defined in the purpose of the job above;
- You will be responsible for the publication of succinct, clear and insightful research reports for internal distribution;
- You will be responsible for compliance with all internal requirements and obligations from a portfolio management perspective;
- You will be responsible for being involved in assessing new opportunities which would include, but may not be limited to; initial high level assessment of new deals; gathering all necessary information to put together a detailed credit proposal; meet with management of the borrower; meet with arranging banks; legal advisors, technical advisors, assess and/or build base case financial models; complete written credit proposals; rate counterparties on internal rating systems; present credit proposals to a credit committee; review and comment on legal agreements pertaining to the transaction and confirm fulfilment of all conditionality prior to pay-away;
- You will be required to rate counterparties at least annually or as often as circumstances may require;
- You will be required to operate within a credit risk framework, policies and procedure;
- You will be required to assist in generating portfolio views, reports including credit rating actions on counterparties and watch list accounts and potential remedial action pertaining to the credit portfolio;
- You will be required to identify trends and shifts in the credit risk profile of counterparties within the portfolio;
- You will be responsible for reviewing and commenting on credit proposals compiled by other members of the team, as and when required;
- You will be responsible for always being aware of changing markets, both locally and internationally, and the potential impact on a managed portfolio of assets;
- You will be required to have a firm understanding of the importance of building and maintaining a strong working relationship with origination colleagues and other members of the Alternative Investment business;
- You will be required to successfully work on multiple transactions and projects at the same time;
- You will be responsible for offering assistance and expertise to other asset management franchises, from time to time.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have a strong intellectual with the ability and confidence to deal with people at various levels of management, both internally and in the market;
- You are able to apply yourself and have a strong work ethic with a willingness to assist, however possible, to achieve the stretch goals set by the business;
- You are assertive and a self-starter who takes initiative (minimal reliance on his / her manager) and one who demonstrates the ability to critically assess credit risk and objectively formulate viewpoints;
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills;
- You have the ability to work with and understand Excel and other financial models;
- You have strong networking skills; you are articulate and comfortable to present to committees;
- You are a good problem solver who has the ability to influence the resolution of the problems identified;
- You have high stress tolerance, coupled with the ability to adapt to change swiftly;
- You have the ability to comfortably deal with and navigate through ambiguity;
- You have strong project / time management skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B. Bus Sc/ CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services /Actuarial studies; CFA or part;
- You have a solid understanding of credit technical and fundamentals including PD, LGD and an ability to assess and reach conclusions on the credit worthiness of new and existing obligors;
- You have the ability to assess and reach conclusions on the appropriateness of funding legal constructs;
- You have a minimum 5 years’ current, relevant experience in credit risk management;
- You have a proven track record and experience in analysing, assessing, writing credit proposals and making recommendations on behalf of a credit risk team;
- You have current, relevant experience in being part of the deal execution process;
- You have current, relevant experience in investment banking; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have broad exposure to different types of credit assets and analysis (ideally), however specific exposure to securitisation and similar asset backed finance transactions and property finance would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience in evaluation and review of credit applications.
An excellent opportunity to be rewarded for your drive, hard work and passion!