Our client is of the firm belief that high impact responsible entrepreneurs will contribute to a positive economic, social and political change. It therefore identifies, selects, and invests in individuals that show potential greatness over the long-term through its Scholarship and Fellowship opportunities.
This is a truly feel good business but the standards and output are as per any top 100 corporate company.
They now seek a Head of Strategy Communications to join their team. You will report to the CEO.
Strong preference will be given to a suitably qualified and skilled employment equity candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Communication strategy:
- You will be required to ensure that the company’s communication support the effective delivery of the mandates, captures history, learnings and inform developments in the ecosystem;
- You will be required to develop a communication network that effectively promotes the work of the company whilst providing access to emerging entrepreneurial developments and visibility within key relevant organisations/sectors;
- You will be required to ensure the company’s communications output are of a high standard, respond to the needs of the target audience, and are delivered within agreed budget timelines;
- You will be required to develop and manage the company’s effective use of different communication platforms, for example, management of the organisation’s web site resulting in up-to-date content and optimal functionality; implement a social media strategy to raise organisational profile;
- Stakeholder relationship management:
- You will be responsible for developing, communicating and overseeing the institutionalisation of the company’s stakeholder management / engagement strategy; influencing, growing the company’s ecosystem and harnessing the full potential of its stakeholder relationships;
- You will be required to adopt a proactive approach to the relationship management within the company and with key stakeholders externally providing dedicated support to the CEO and other members of the executive with stakeholder engagements;
- You will be required to conduct research to identify potentially mutually beneficial relationships to support the company’s vision;
- You will be required to establish and maintain networks to support all the beneficiary programmes;
- You will be required to provide assistance to the programme teams in facilitating stakeholder engagements;
- Public relations:
- You will be required to manage the public relations efforts of the company;
- You will be required to identify and maximise public relations opportunities for the company;
- You will be required to write press releases for approval by the CEO;
- You will be required to conduct the company’s induction talks;
- You will be required to review and respond to requests for sponsorships;
- Content development and management:
- You will be required to develop and write copies for articles in various company publications;
- You will be required to assist the CEO with copy generation by performing a professional ghost writing function;
- You will be required to review and proof read company publications;
- You will be required to assist in the development of materials to promote strategic communications and ideas to various stakeholders;
- Support services:
- You will be required to provide a professional service to scholars and or fellows in one-on-one sessions;
- You will be required to provide job preparation consulting service to fellows;
- Selection and assessment processes:
- You will be required to assess and moderate the application forms;
- You will be required to conduct interviews with short-listed applicants;
- Brand management:
- You will be responsible for the management of the brand conceptually and digitally with emphasis on driving a global positioning of the brand;
- You will be responsible for the management of brand assets such as: (including but not limited to camera and video equipment).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have superb strategic skills;
- You have excellent leadership skills;
- You have innovation skills;
- You collaborate to ‘get things done!’;
- You are an entrepreneurial thinker;
- You have strong knowledge about regulation and compliance;
- You execute in a smart, prompt and effective way.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com hnrs (communications, marketing, or journalism); MBA;
- You have minimum of 6 years current, relevant experience;
- You have advanced Microsoft Office knowledge;
- You have current, relevant writing experience in the internal and external communications environment at a respected corporate company in SA;
- You have strong knowledge and commitment to abide by the SA Code of Marketing practice is essential.
Great people prowess; a warm and friendly disposition; manage the communication strategy in a fully professional and effective manner from day one!