R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partners in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
They now seek a Product Development Specialist to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the development of new products and management of existing products as well as to assist in driving product governance at the company across all subsidiaries;
- You will be required to coordinate product conceptualization stage;
- You will be required to advise on an optimal pricing structure;
- You will be required to conduct competitive landscapes;
- You will be required to prepare product papers and secure all internal sign-offs;
- You will be required to assist with preparing product-related regulatory submissions for new product approvals;
- You will be required to coordinate the registration of all products with the relevant industry bodies;
- You will be required to provide, review all product collateral and training material;
- You will be required to ensure that all the relevant external and internal conditions are met before launch;
- You will be required to carry out a post-implementation analysis post launch;
- You will be required to conduct annual analysis of existing products and make recommendations (continue as usual, amend or close the product);
- You will be required to assist in preparing product-related regulatory submissions for rationalisation approval (closure or mandate change);
- You will be required to ensure an effective and efficient product governance within the company;
- You will be required to assist in preparing for the internal audit review of all products.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are highly motivated and self-driven;
- You are creative;
- You have strong general business acumen;
- You are able to act independently and as part of a team;
- You are a logical thinker with good analytical skills;
- You are assertive;
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English;
- You have strong project management skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a CFA, actuarial qualification, CAIA (or studying towards the qualification) or CA(SA);
- You have strong knowledge of the investment industry and products;
- You have minimum of two years current, relevant experience in a product development role;
- You have minimum of five years current, relevant working experience within a financial services environment;
- You have strong MS Office skills with advanced Excel.
This is a superb opportunity to join an energetic and highly successful team of skilled professionals in a prestigious