R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS. NEW ROLE!
Our client was founded in 1992 as a medical aid provider, the company has grown into a R96bn financial services firm with operations around the world. It currently controls more than half of South Africa’s medical aid market, and has used its innovative rewards programme which incentivises healthy behaviour, to offer disruptive insurance and financial product offerings.
The group has the ability to raise funds for investments with ease. It has been investing in expanding its network globally, as well as its financial services offerings, including the establishment of a banking operation in SA.
They now seek a Head of Investment to join their team. This is a visible high profile role. You are responsible for being the face of this division to clients – external and business development teams internally as well as Exco and product development and marketing.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to liaise with the investment team and understand how they manage the funds and why in a particular fashion so that you can communicate this to clients and staff;
- You will be required to communicate strategic ‘best investment view’ as well as any short term market forecasts;
- You will be required to compile and present investment proposals;
- You will be required to interact and negotiate with clients;
- You will be required to manage solution implementation and ongoing monitoring.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- You are passionate about investments and financial markets;
- You have a thorough understanding of asset classes as well as portfolio management strategies and approaches;
- You have the ability to market at a very high-level to sophisticated Financial Advisors and business development teams and technical marketing people;
- You have developed communication skills, both verbal and written, in English;
- You are confident, proactive, stress tolerant and a lateral thinker;
- You have a thorough understanding of financial products and the ability to source the most appropriate structure for a client;
- You are innovative, self-motivated and energetic.
You are comfortable presenting in public and regular interaction with the press;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You are a B. Bus Sc/CA(SA)/ Part actuary+. CFA would be a distinct advantage; you have sound academic results and a track record at school and university where you held leadership roles – head boy; debating society; captain of sports teams etc
- You have a minimum of five years current relevant industry experience – this is essential;
- You have understanding of financial markets and investment strategies;
- You have general understanding of financial planning regulations in South Africa, in particular those that relate the furnishing of investment advice;
Great opportunity to join an employer of choice and one of SA’s top companies to work for.