R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS. NEW ROLE! To attract and entice talented experts!
Our client was founded in 1992 as a medical aid provider, the company has grown into a R96bn financial services firm with operations around the world. It currently controls more than half of South Africa’s medical aid market, and has used its innovative rewards programme which incentivises healthy behaviour, to offer disruptive insurance and financial product offerings.
The group has the ability to raise funds for investments with ease. It has been investing in expanding its network globally, as well as its financial services offerings, including the establishment of a banking operation in SA.
Our client utilises a shared value model to create exciting investment products for their clients. In addition to traditional retail investment products, the product team builds new and innovative solutions designed to create positive behaviour change in the ways people save. You will be required to design traditional investment solutions, but also develop product breakthroughs and get involved in new ventures using the unique behavioural data that you will have at your disposal.
You will be a part of the Invest Product Development team and be involved in future product launches as well as supporting existing products.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to, namely:
- Strategic projects;
- Integration with other businesses;
- Profit maintenance and enhancements;
- Optimisation and enhancements of existing products;
- Build expertise and offer insights relating to company’s shared value model;
- Interaction with senior management, the systems team and the Exco.
Skills and competencies, namely:
- Creating and innovating;
- Deciding and initiating action;
- Adapting and responding to change;
- Writing and reporting;
- Working with people;
- Applying expertise and technology;
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
Education and experience, namely:
- Fully qualified Actuary with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience; or B.Bus Sc( actuarial ) and part CFA;
- Experience within the retail investment or the life insurance industry; this would be an advantage;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong communication skills in English.
This is a great opportunity to set your career at an employer of choice with superb rewards on success!