R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS.
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They focus on partnering with clients and leveraging off their extensive skills and experience to create value-adding solutions that meet clients’ needs.
Their goal is to provide their clients with superior investment returns over the long run, regardless of the mandate. In addition to their pursuit of long-term returns, they also pay careful attention to the analysis and management of risk across all their portfolios. Investment decisions are a direct result of objectively-applied investment processes that are the product of rigorous research and analysis. Their distinctive investment approach leverages off their unique market-leading skill set and experience and leads to performance that is generally more consistent than, and uncorrelated with, competitor offerings.
They now seek an Index Portfolio Manager to join their team. You will report to the joint ‘Heads’ of the department and you will be responsible for a portfolio of index tracking mandates and play an active role in the management thereof. Client engagements (due diligences, report-backs, and client pitches) will form a significant part of the role.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for a portfolio of index tracking mandates and play an active role in the management thereof and any associated activities;
- You will be responsible for client engagements (due diligences, report-backs, and client pitches);
- You will be responsible for playing a key client-facing role within the Indexation capability;
- You will be responsible for excellent management of the portfolios / funds, as evidenced by the proactive and optimal management of client, benchmark and market initiated events (corporate actions), so as to fulfil our clients’ mandates;
- You will be responsible for ongoing maintenance and refinement of models and processes;
- You will be responsible for proactive and professional engagement with clients and service providers (internal and external) to ensure excellent management of our portfolios / funds;
- You will be responsible for conducting investment research across asset classes and securities;
- You will be responsible for competitor analysis and research, including product positioning;
- You will be responsible for client servicing, including investment report-backs and ad-hoc client requests.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have enthusiasm and a passion for investments;
- You are able to build relationships;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have good presentation skills;
- You are meticulous;
- You have strong decision making skills;
- You have gaining commitment skills;
- You are able to initiate action;
- You have ownership skills;
- You are team orientated;
- You have strong technical knowledge;
- You have outstanding risk analysis skills;
- You have excellent presentation skills and you are comfortable interacting with clients.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com (Mathematics or Statistics) and/ or CFA; B.Bus Sc/part Actuarial would be a distinct advantage;
- You have minimum 8 – 10 years’ current, relevant financial markets (or investment) experience of which 2 – 3 are in a portfolio management role with the responsibility of making investment decisions;
- You are FAIS qualified – education and experience (i.e. be registered with the FSB and have passed 1st level regulatory exam, RE5);
- You have detailed knowledge of financial markets, investments and asset allocation;
- You have a strong understanding of operational processes; various market settlement windows; benchmarks, mandates, tracking errors, compliance and order management systems.
Great opportunity for an individual with a high energy levels; super smart and emotionally mature who has an outstanding work ethic.