R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS. NEW ROLE!
Our client was founded in 1992 as a medical aid provider, the company has grown into a R96bn financial services firm with operations around the world. It currently controls more than half of South Africa’s medical aid market, and has used its innovative rewards programme which incentivises healthy behaviour, to offer disruptive insurance and financial product offerings.
The group has the ability to raise funds for investments with ease. It has been investing in expanding its network globally, as well as its financial services offerings, including the establishment of a banking operation in SA.
Our client provides the unique opportunity to utilise the health, driving, investment and lifestyle data of their client base to create new and exciting products and integrated solutions. In addition to traditional group risk pricing, you will need to develop new and innovative solutions to problems. There will therefore be a balanced exposure to non-traditional fields.
You will report to a member of the business, Group Exco and will spearhead future launches.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to, namely:
- Strategic projects;
- Integration with other businesses;
- Profit maintenance and enhancements;
- Leading a team of actuarial students ;
- Optimisation and enhancements of existing products;
- Build expertise and offer insights relating to the groups shared value model;
- Interaction and reporting to senior management and the Exco.
Education and Experience, namely:
- Fully qualified Actuary with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience;
- Experience within the Life Insurance industry; this would be a distinct advantage;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Advanced Excel;
- Strong communication skills, in English.
- Identifying and analysing trends;
- Creating innovating solutions to complex problems;
- Results orientated and commercial thinking;
- Deciding and initiating action;
- Proactivity and accountability;
- Adapting and responding to change;
- Writing and reporting;
- Working with people;
- Applying expertise and technology.
This is a great opportunity to set your career up with an outstanding outfit where you will rub shoulders with super smart people and be rewarded handsomely for your effort!