BRAND NEW ROLE!!
You will be joining a new company that will be responsible for the administration for 2 asset management businesses. They will not however, grow clients so there is no business development in this role.
You have relevant financial services industry experience and a good working knowledge and understanding of the middle and back office of asset managers and investment companies. It will be a team of 60 plus people to manage via subject matter team leaders.
This role will require you to oversee all day to day running of the business with respect to Operations, Systems, Finance, Compliance and Staff Management.
This role is for suitably qualified Affirmative Action candidates only.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to lead with innovation and vision;
- You will be required to initiate and lead the development of a strategic plan for the business as well as the regular updates to the plan;
- You will be required to build and maintain good client relationships;
- You will be required to lead the ongoing development and improvement to the business culture;
- You will be required to lead and guide the executive team and build strong relationships;
- You will be required to foster and engender a strong risk management philosophy in the business;
- You will be required to ensure excellent financial management of the business for long term financial stability;
- You will be required to have an excellent understanding of technology requirements and developments in the financial services industry;
- You will be required to be an excellent communicator.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a strong leader with a high EQ and a good decision maker;
- You must be prepared to be close to business and have an excellent understanding of the operational risk in investment administration outsourcing;
- You must be a strategic and conceptual thinker;
- You must be a committed, enthusiastic and driven individual who is passionate about the business with a strong client focus;
- You must have excellent marketing and inter-personal skills;
- You must be a team player with excellent communication skill (in English);
- You are a visible and respected leader;
- You have an ability to apply the highest professional standards and to drive these standards throughout the company;
- You take initiative;
- You have strong planning and organizational skills;
- You are an organized and a “detail” person;
- You are confident;
- You have the ability to build sustained relationships;
- You are decisive;
- You are operationally minded and analytical;
- You have good people management skills;
- You are resilient and solutions orientated.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA); and MBA/ CFA;
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ senior managerial experience in financial services, ideally investment fund administration;
- You have exposure to unit trust and retirement and life administration;
- You have current, relevant experience with process management and project management;
- You have working knowledge of IT environments and IT solutions;
- You are proficient in MSOffice with proficiency in Excel, knowledge of various investment administration systems and related IT infrastructure.
Ideal opportunity for a skilled business leader with superb operational experience person to be part of starting a new business in the 3rd party administration business – with two secured, sizeable clients.