R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS TO ATTRACT AND ENTICE
Our client was established in 1918 and has been a prominent part of the South African business landscape. They have always held a long-term view of how business adapts to the demands of the environment in which it operates and today, in a dynamic world, they see an evolving set of social, economic, political and environmental imperatives that require their skillful response.
They now seek a Credit Analyst to join their team. You will report to the Head: Fixed Interest. The current incumbent is moving into a different role. Super team with smart, capable and technically astute colleagues.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to assess, advise on the credit risk associated with a portfolio of existing and potential debt counterparties;
- You will be responsible for the assessment, which will be done on a qualitative, quantitative basis in the form of a credit application and should conclude with a credit rating recommendation;
- You will be responsible for credit application, do the rating that should be presented, (if necessary) defended at various credit committees including the company’s sub credit committee and the company’s central credit committee;
- You will be required to monitor and disseminate credit related information within the company;
- You will be responsible for the information dissemination that will predominantly happen through the fixed interest investment process; with the aim of helping to inform investment decisions;
- You will be required to monitor; ad hoc research projects (as required by the fixed interest team) as well as the analysis and reporting on broad trends in the non-sovereign credit universe;
- You will be responsible for all trends in the credit spreads;
- You will be responsible for the trends within the specific issuer sectors i.e. corporate, municipal and parastatal;
- You will be responsible for the different asset classes used in the non-sovereign debt market i.e. securitizations, credit default swaps and CLN’s;
- You will be required to monitor and report on the trends in the regulatory environment relating to credit investments in pension funds, unit trusts and long term insurance portfolios;
- You will be required to attend the investment morning meetings, strategy meetings and ad hoc portfolio management meetings of the fixed interest team;
- You will be required to represent the company’s fixed interest team during interactions with borrowers, industry meetings and client meetings;
- You will responsible for the maintenance of an extensive internal credit data base containing all the information that might be reasonably required to assess the credit risk and concentration risk associated with the client portfolios;
- You will required to take ownership of the credit related data associated with the client portfolios;
- You will required to assist with the company’s compliance function with the credit reporting;
- You will required to assist with the concentration reporting at different levels of aggregation within the group.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have analytical and numerical skills: ability to analyse financial statements and quantify financial risks;
- You have the ability to produce written reports in order to highlight financial matters of importance;
- You have the ability to present credit applications and to stand up to the Subcred or similar committees;
- You have general knowledge of business, industry, the macroeconomic environment and the financial markets;
- You have current, relevant experience of commercial law principles and the ability to assist with the documentary process (with legal assistance);
- You have excellent presentation skills;
- You have strong organising and planning abilities;
- You have excellent computer literacy skills: proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software;
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with other team members, both of credit as well as the front office teams;
- You are accountable;
- You are assertive;
- You are decisive;
- You are reliable;
- You are committed;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You have the ability to perform under pressure and to work to tight deadlines;
- You are pro-active;
- You are adaptable and flexible;
- You have the ability to stand up to peers where procedures are not within the guidelines;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are a team player;
- You have the ability to defuse explosive situations while protecting the integrity of the credit analysis team.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B. Bus Sc/CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant corporate and institutional credit experience in the investment banking or asset management environment; this is essential;
- You have current, relevant experience in assessing and monitoring of debt structuring transactions and debt syndications;
- You have current, relevant exposure to corporate credit processes and procedures in an asset management environment ,this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have previous experience in assessing, monitoring the credit derivatives and synthetic credit derivatives.
Wonderful opportunity for a highly competent, astute and determined individual who strives to excel in all that they do. Rewards on performance are significant.