R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a long-term savings, protection and investment group, providing life assurance, asset management, banking and general insurance in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. The team plays a central, co-ordination and strategic role within the group balance sheet management function. This team is the main touch point in balance sheet management for the numerous business units within the group, which include banking and insurance businesses, spanning over 13 countries across Africa, Latin America and Asia. Risk Management is included within this function.
They now seek a Senior HR Business Partner to join their team. You will report to the Executive HR Business Partner.
The following are essential, namely:
- Experience in managing a large client portfolio;
- Operated at a senior level,
- The role complexity is high;
- Willing to work with a demanding client.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates, only.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work in partnership with the executive teams of a number of key business units in the company and this is an exciting opportunity to translate the segment people strategy and business strategies into business unit people plans;
- You will be required to serve as a member of the allocated business unit’s executive teams and the capability cluster HR leadership team;
- You will be required to make your mark and be part of the high-performing company HR team dedicated to being part of leading waves of change.
- Business transformation:
- You will be required to ensure BU business leaders are equipped to lead change;
- You will be required to support efficient and effective BU transformation through the delivery of change;
- You will be required to manage the development of organisational development and effectiveness plans to address medium term business needs;
- You will be required to advise BU Exco teams on improving employee engagement at all levels and on building a high performance culture aligned to the overall segment plans.
- Strategy implementation:
- You will be required to define and implement the people plan for the business units in alignment with the segment business strategy and segment people strategy;
- You will be required to lead the implementation of the segment talent and leadership strategy and plan into the BU ensuring talent and leadership is effectively managed and grown, in accordance with the segment and BU employment equity targets and plans;
- You will be required to provide input into the segment people strategy and contributes to HR synergies across the company customises HR practices implemented in the segment into the BU’s.
- Stakeholder management:
- You will be required to partner with BU executive teams to advise on people challenges and on how to drive BU people performance;
- You will be required to advise on people priorities for the future, using insights from HR analytics and trends;
- You will be required to manage the efficient implementation of the HR calendar;
- You will be required to engage stakeholders at all levels (primarily internal) to ensure effective delivery of HR services to BU.
- Risk management:
- You will be required to ensure that BU HR has clean audit, risk and compliance reports;
- You will be required to evaluate effectiveness of policies and practices and initiates corrective action where required;
- You will be required to identify and implement preventative measures to mitigate HR risks.
- Team effectiveness:
- You will be required to achieve and maintain empowerment and transformation objectives and targets;
- You will be required to drive a high performance culture of the HR team in the BU;
- You will be required to operationally manage the BU HR team and ensure disciplined execution of HR services;
- You will be responsible for strong expense management and delivers an operationally efficient BU HR function that improves cost.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have excellent numeric skills;
- You are strategic;
- You have strong collaboration skills;
- You are able to lead with influence;
- You are able to put the customer first;
- You have excellent execution skills;
- You have innovation (perspective) skills;
- You have personal mastery (learning) skills;
- You are able to develop talent;
- You are able to drive performance;
- You are able to build leadership brand;
- You are able to engage talent;
- You have meaningful analytics skills;
- You are able to plan for talent;
- You are able to source and acquire top talent;
- You are able to accelerate change;
- You are able to de-risk people practices;
- You are able to interpret business context and co-creating strategic agenda;
- You are able to align culture, practices and behaviour;
- You have good financial literacy skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com hnrs (human resources);
- You have a minimum 5 – 8 years current, relevant HR generalist experience and minimum 3 – 4 years current, relevant management experience of a big HR team and function;
- You have the ability and experience in managing a big business unit client area of 2800 plus staff;
- You have previously been a key player in a business transformation programme(s); this would be a distinct advantage;
- You are experienced and highly analytical and results orientated.
Excellent opportunity for a progressive, professional person who is keen to work hard and reap the rewards!