R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS! HUGE EXPOSURE TO ALL PARTS OF THE BUSINESS.
Our client is a leading independent financial services company, delivering a broad range of financial services and products, on a-to-face model and via integrated electronic platforms. They specifically focus on wealth management, asset management and insurance solutions for individuals, families and enterprises.
They now seek a Senior Financial Manager to join their team. You have Life Insurance industry experience; this is essential. Act as 2IC to Divisional CFO.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Accurate analysis and timely review of detailed business unit monthly management and financial reporting information.
- Assist management with analysis of key business drivers and margins.
- Identify unusual financial trends or anomalies that require further analysis and explanation.
- Optimizing/streamlining of divisional accounting process/systems.
- Efficient, accurate & timely budget review (including analysis and preparation of budget overview presentation slides per underlying business unit).
- Co-ordinate successful annual audit process.
- Oversight role of high risk areas (independent review of reconciliation within the finance department as well as financial operations environment).
- Co-ordinate and project management (ad hoc requests/analysis).
- Lead by example and drive positive change within the finance team.
- Building strong working relationships with larger Group Finance function.
- Improvement of financial decisions through better information & context.
- Effective operational cost management & minimise operational incidents and risks.
- Communicate and co-ordinate monthly deadline and deliverable dates to meet overall listed group reporting deadline date commitments.
- Provide guidance and assistance to subsidiary company financial staff in dealing with complex non-standard transactions.
- Ensure standardization of the classification and treatment of similar items so that like for like items are reflected consistently across the group.
- Timely & accurate response to management queries.
- Review and authorisation of non-standard and large payments.
- Management/Execution of ad hoc projects including implementing efficiencies.
- Organising resources to meet objectives and optimise workload within teams.
- Refine and enhance existing accounting systems and processes.
- Deep dive analysis of business unit results to understand root cause of any abnormal items.
- Critically examining business unit financial information for accuracy.
- Keeping abreast of industry development/technologies.
- Enhancing control environment to managing financial and business risk.
- Group and management monthly reporting including budgets.
COMPETANICIES AND SKILLS:
- Computer skills: Advanced Excel and relevant accounting package, e.g. AccPac; Caseware, QlikView.
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure, accurately and professionally.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Good time management skills and deadline driven.
- Adapting to changing circumstances.
- Ability to identify system inefficiencies and propose solutions.
- Ability to communicate financial results and related business drivers to non-financial executives.
- A self-starter who shows initiative and can work independently to solve problems.
- Tenacity and resilience.
Highly visible role – FD has a vested interest in this area. A strong, smart, hardworking detail oriented CA(SA) who is keen to be rewarded for excellence – will thrive in this listed entity which is currently growing and whose results are superb!