Product specialist for a particular unit’s offering – so FI/Equities or other for example – you will be the champion of that offering. You are the bridge between sales, marketing and investments and product development with a clear remit to see what’s best for the client; and most relevant and competitive wrt pricing and really to be the smart thinking business oriented solutions provider of investment offerings to institutional and retail clients.
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partners in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
They now seek an Investment Specialist to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be the source of specialised knowledge of investment products and markets and operate as a bridge between the investment team and its internal and external clients;
- You will be required to facilitate the flow of information between all parties to maximise the investment team’s credentials in the market place while ensuring the team’s time is optimised;
- You will be required to be passionate about investments and have thorough knowledge of the investment team; which would include how it operates, the complete set of products, competitors in the industry and market knowledge; and you need to be able to communicate persuasively with a broad range of stakeholders in many different formats;
- You will be required to create a consolidated view of sales pipeline, business at risk and activities for the investment team across all the distribution channels;
- You will be required to deliver the highest quality investment communications pertaining to the investment team’s investment process, strategy, decisions and market outlook in various formats (oral & written communications as well as client presentations);
- You will be required to provide in-depth feedback to the investment team on how they are perceived by the market and market developments, through competitor and market research;
- You will be required to ensure that consultants, key clients and prospects are regularly updated and engaged;
- You will be required to grow the portfolio management team by contributing to distribution and product strategy;-
- You will be required to take a proactive approach to solving clients’ issues, whether investment, business or operation related, by acting as a facilitator;
- You will be required to maintain oversight for all marketing materials produced (including digital) on behalf of the investment team;
- You will be responsible for editing and checking of Requests for Proposals and Due Diligences for final sign off by the investment team.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have excellent presentation skills with ability to influence others and deliver in a compelling and persuasive fashion;
- You have strong analytical skills that enable you to assess the potential of distribution opportunities, propose suitable products and solutions and thus develop a strategy for winning new allocations;
- You have high energy and a self-starter, who is driven, motivated, competitive and capable of adapting to a fast paced, changing environment;
- You have a passion for financial markets and the willingness to learn;
- You have technical knowledge about investments, multi management philosophy and investment industry trends;
- You have demonstrable training delivery skills; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have self-discipline to work unsupervised;
- You have the ability to maintain CRM systems;
- You have strong organisational skills to timeously meet deadlines;
- You are resilient and tenacious;
- You are innovative with the ability to evaluate new approaches for marketing/sales;
- You have excellent problem-solving skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com CFA part / B. Bus Sc;
- You have current, relevant experience in building relationships within the asset management industry;
- You are familiar with investment teams; and how to work with them to best achieve goals;
- You are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual who has a demonstrable ability to act as an ambassador for a business unit.
This is a great opportunity to join a high-energy environment where individual talent and commitment flourishes with rewards on success.