R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is an independent, owner-managed business and an investment management firm. They strive for excellence in performance, conduct, engage and operate out of a purpose-driven culture. They consistently employ a long-term investment philosophy that is sound, unwavering and that doesn’t follow the crowd. Their investment process is rigorous, repeatable and pragmatic.
They now seek a Trainee Business Development Institutional – Business Development Team member to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to act as custodian for a specific group of institutional clients;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with your clients, as well as designated consultants and potential clients;
- You will be required to ensure clients are in the right product for their needs;
- You will be required to be aware of the company’s full product range and make clients aware of alternative products where appropriate;
- You will be required to coordinate and manage the mandate process and any other client-related matters;
- You will be required to oversee the client interaction, report backs and information sharing to targeted client groups;
- You will be required to ensure client development;
- You will be required to keep clients abreast of market events on a regular basis.
- You will be required to take responsibility for the assigned group of institutional clients and investment consultants;
- You will be required to provide in-office support to institutional client facing personnel and report on all relevant client matters;
- You will be required to coordinate client interactions, including report backs, due diligence reviews and other relevant communication;
- You will be required to deal timeously and professionally with client queries;
- You will be required to build strong client relationships at appropriate levels to ensure effective communication;
- You will be required to maintain client database to strict minimum standards;
- You will be required to capture and store client documents correctly;
- Client take-ons and transitions:
- You will be required to ensure that relevant information is communicated timeously with administration and the investment teams;
- You will be required to draft and implement investment management agreements and mandates, following internal sign off processes;
- You will be required to gather, store and maintain Know your Client (KYC) information;
- You will be required to perform appropriate Anti Money Laundering (AML) screening;
- You will be required to develop and maintain client reports that may include competitor information, identify mandates at risk or new business opportunities;
- You will be required to manage ad-hoc team projects, including periodic mandate investigations;
- You will be required to act as team representative on certain company-wide projects;
- You will be required to draft quarterly investment commentary and finalise with portfolio managers for assigned mandate types; Customise appropriately for specific clients;
- You will be required to approve and sign off institutional fact sheets and website copy;
- You will be required to provide clients with customised reporting where required;
- You will be required to present to selected clients on business and investment related matters. This function may develop over a period of time.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to build and maintain client relationships;
- You are a highly responsible and accountable individual;
- You are diligent and conscientious;
- You are a finisher; tenacious and goal-orientated;
- You have strong numeracy skills;
- You have an ability to work in fast moving environment;
- You are pro-active and a self-starter;
- You have the ability to multi-task;
- You are highly organised and efficient;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, in English;
- You are a team player and willing to learn;
- You have a keen eye for detail with high accuracy levels;
- You are a team player and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients;
- You have a strong analytical ability;
- You have a willingness to continuously learn;
- You have the ability to communicate in a simple and concise manner with colleagues and clients, both in oral and written form;
- You are a team player who relates well to colleagues and clients;
- You have a passion for exceptional client service;
- You have strong relationship management and networking skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have an investment or related qualification – B. Bus Science, B.Com hnrs, CFA or part, CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services; and strong academic results – not average!
- You have two years current, relevant investment industry-related support experience and experience working with institutional clients;
- You are able to liaise with credibility and impact to trustees of pension funds and senior asset consultants;
- You have an understanding of institutional asset management, industry dynamics and distribution networks;
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products;
- You have database experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious company; with great rewards on success! They are top of the pops with clients and asset consultants and have a happy, smiling and busy business culture.