R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
NEW ROLE TO COMPLIMENT THE TEAM!
A very successful investment management company seeks an Equity Analyst to join their team. This company’s organizational vision is to build a premier investment management business dedicated to meeting the needs of the broader investing community principally in the Southern Africa region. It is their belief that their success as an organization lies in consistently meeting and exceeding client expectations across a range of predefined benchmarks. They have enjoyed a significant measure of success! They are also on the consultants list of asset managers to recommend – a significant achievement!
You have thorough understanding of current coverage and is open to covering new stocks/sectors. You can hit the ground running and add value from day one and you have the ability to conclude thorough analysis by identifying key issues and arrive at a final investment recommendation; the latter is essential.
This role has come about due to expansion.
This role is for suitably qualified South African black candidates only.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to operate in a research environment where examining and sorting through financial data is critical to one’s success;
- You will be required to be self-motivated and to “handle” constructive criticism;
- You will be required to “handle” challenging questions in a professional and mature manner;
- You will have superior attention to detail;
- You will be required to present findings to teams of people;
- You will be required to produce highly, detailed reports/ research;
- You will be required to come up with logical, well thought out recommendations/solutions;
- You will be required to proactively research new ideas; and present pro’s and con’s of these.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- You are resilient and determined;
- You are able to present your thoughts in a logical fashion backed up with profound research;
- You have good rapport building skills;
- You are an analytical thinker;
- You are adaptable to change and can think on your feet;
- You have strong numerical/ analytical ability;
- You are creative;
- You have integrity;
- You are able to work well within a team and yet be able to operate, independently.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You have a B. Bus Sc ( with accounts to no less than third year level ) CA(SA)/ CFA;
- You have a minimum 3 years current, relevant experience.
- You are generalist – that is willingness to cover many sectors (not a sector specialist).
Great opportunity to join an active fundamental research driven investment management organization who are proudly South African.