R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- TO ATTRACT AND ENTICE!
Our client is an independently managed global asset manager within the group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. The company is founder-led and employees are equity stakeholders in our business. The company provides investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors. Established in South Africa in 1991,offering a small range of domestic investment strategies. The company is now a truly global business managing approximately R1,626bn* for clients from all over the world. Servicing these clients from offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore and Sydney (and more).
They now seek a Product Development Project Manager to join their team. An outstanding opportunity within a truly global asset management product team to lead from a project management perspective a wide range of often cutting edge initiatives.
You are energetic, highly motivated and durable personality who will relish the opportunity to be involved in many challenging projects at one time, offering input from an early development stage right through to final delivery.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the leadership of the South African Product change agenda from an end to end project management perspective;
- You will have clear accountability for all relevant projects and managing a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organisation;
- You will be required to focus on both open ended products as well as closed ended / private markets initiatives;
- You will be required to support global product change initiatives, where relevant, and as required;
- You will be required to assisting with the product feasibility process and executing the product plan post the relevant approvals;
- You will be required to ensure that the project budget/ timelines/ milestones/ resourcing and scope are managed;
- You will be required to keep project documentation up to date throughout the life of the project, and develop project management process in South Africa to ensure clear and appropriate management and communication;
- You will be required to identify project issues, risks and manage mitigation of same; challenge consensus and ensure options and solutions are examined rigorously;
- You will be required to follow and suggest improvements to the global product project process and provide project reporting, MI for relevant team or committee reporting.
- You will be required to communicate efficiently and effectively, engaging proactively with all key stakeholders across the business.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills as you will be required to galvanise multiple functional representatives into effective project teams. Senior stakeholder management capability is a pre-requisite.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B. Bus. Sc;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant experience with a determination to see consistent career progression;
- You have current, relevant project management experience;
- You have an understanding of ‘business change’ rather than system project management within key areas, such as investment management, distribution / client management, front, middle and back office operations;
- You have working knowledge and a clear understanding of the regulatory landscape;
- You have a strong understanding of the regulatory, risk management and wider compliance environment; this is essential.
WOW global opportunity to work in a bleeding edge business populated with super smart, energetic, goal driven staff. Career opportunity ++