R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, they deliver above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders.
They now seek a Listed Credit Analyst to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the credit analysis and risk management for a portfolio process of listed debt instruments. The listed credit team delivers a service that includes counterparty evaluation (banks, financials, corporates,
- municipalities, state owned entities and securitisations), legal analysis and instrument structuring and pricing;
- With specific focus on a listed credit instruments :
- You will be responsible for the initial credit evaluation (counterparty, instrument structuring and legal agreements);
- You will be required to prepare and present credit investment proposals to the relevant credit committee/s;
- You will be required to proactively monitor and report on existing and potential future risks in current portfolio’s;
- You will be required to evaluate and negotiate DMTN programme prospectuses and pricing supplements, including structured note programmes;
- You will be required to manage and monitor the company’s relationships with counterparties and debt capital market teams;
- You will be required to communicate sector and counterparty views and make recommendations to key stakeholders to enable appropriate positioning of the portfolios;
- You will be required to monitor the platform of the potential investment opportunities to ensure that the portfolios are as well positioned as possible;
- You will be required to be involved in the quantitative credit scoring aspects of the listed universe, including quantitative credit metrics, scoring infrastructure and methodologies;
- You will be responsible for the credit risk management framework, provide input aimed at enhancing existing processes and capabilities.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a self-starter and self-driven;
- You are pro-active, with the ability to work independently with moderate guidance;
- You have a highly professional approach;
- You have good planning and organizational skills;
- You have technical and analytical skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have flexibility and intellectual curiosity;
- You have a customer focused attitude;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are a team player.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ” You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a CFA or equivalent professional qualification;
- You have minimum of 2 years current, relevant experience as a credit analyst in the fixed income arena with solid experience across a spectrum of listed instruments;
- You have a sound understanding of listed fixed income investments, covering all aspects of the financial and counterparty risk analysis;
- You have sector expertise in the corporate and securitization sectors;
- You have knowledge of credit and investment markets;
- You have the ability to work under pressure, identify key risks and deliver to deadlines and manage expectations.
This is a great opportunity to set your career up with an outstanding outfit where you will rub shoulders with super smart people and be rewarded handsomely for your effort!