BRAND NEW ROLES! – 3 ROLES EXIST AT VARYING LEVELS AND THE IT COMPONENT WILL VARY TOO.
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company.
They now seek a Risk Analyst to join their team. You will report to the Head of Group Risk.
They are looking for a a superb problem solver that has the ability to manage a project from beginning to end. You are able to take instruction and can be flexible with multiple moving priorities and still get the job done!
You are not afraid to ask the tough questions such as: “how can this be done better or smarter?” and “how can we do things differently to be the best?” and realise that this is not always easy for people to respond to.
You also have a strong grasp of technology, not as a “techie” but as someone who can enable information technology to ensure smart information is utilised and the business is briefed , accordingly.
These are roles for suitably qualified Affirmative Action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be will be responsible for assisting the Head of Group Risk in co-ordinating and executing a broad range of strategic and operational risk management activities;
- You will be responsible for key focus areas:
- Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM); Project Risk Management; Risk Management;
- You will be will be responsible for secondary focus areas:
- Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Fraud Prevention and Detection;
- You will be will be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of the firm’s ERM strategy thereby working closely with varying levels of management to prevent, detect and respond to risks;
- You will be will be responsible for facilitating risk and control assessments at a business unit level and at a group-wide level by performing the following activities in the ERM lifecycle;
- You will be will be responsible for scoping and planning;
- You will be responsible for conducting a preliminary survey of the area and processes under review;
- You will be responsible for obtaining detailed knowledge of the processes, in order to establish and agree on the scope of assessment with management;
- You will be responsible for identification, measurement and management;
- You will be facilitating the risk identification and measurement of risks that affect the firm at both strategic and operational levels. This would include interacting with management to identify practical solutions to mitigate key risks and address control and process weaknesses identified;
- You will be responsible for design testing:
- Testing the existence and design of the controls identified through observation, enquiry and inspection or re-performance;
- You will be will be responsible for reporting:
- Making pragmatic recommendations for control improvements on the systems, procedures being reviewed, reporting on these findings, open exposures and recommendations after discussing with management;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and follow up:
- Monitoring and evaluating management’s response and implementation of corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified;
- You will be responsible for assisting with the design and implementation of a pragmatic strategy to protect and enhance the firm’s reputation and limit financial loss to the firm;
- You will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the firm’s holistic fraud prevention, detection and response strategy;
- You will be responsible for regularly reporting on risk management strategy, action items, progress to management of business units, the audit committee, risk and compliance committee.
- You will be responsible for providing proactive risk advisory services in parallel with project activity and business change;
- You will be responsible for evaluating, reviewing security architectures and design;
- You will be responsible for contributing to the development of appropriate risk methodologies for the group;
- You will be responsible for conducting structured analysis into topical risk issues in the industry in order to measure and monitor the group’s exposure to these risks;
- You will be responsible for analysing emerging risk trends within the business through root cause analysis, with a focus on developing strategies to mitigate these risks;
- You will be responsible for participating in projects focused on mitigating specific risk exposures or control weaknesses;
- You will be responsible for assisting in the education of staff or promoting risk awareness throughout the group;
- You will be responsible for working closely with the internal audit and compliance functions to provide a combined assurance assessment of the risk management within the firm.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have good interpersonal skills;
- You are passionate, proactive and driven;
- You are diligent, smart, capable and have great emotional maturity;
- You are able to maintain ethical judgement;
- You are impartial and challenging (independent minded);
- You have strong analytical, investigative and probing skills;
- You have effective negotiation and influencing skills;
- You have outstanding report-writing skills and presentation skills;
- You are meticulous;
- You have the ability to work efficiently without close supervision;
- You are a team player;
- You are self-motivated, organised and deadline driven.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services or CIA; You could have a B.Bus Sc or B.Sc or and MBA;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant financial services experience’
- You have current , relevant experience in the investment management industry, this would be a distinct advantage.
Wonderful opportunity to join a top performing team and to work with a highly skilled manager. This is an exciting new opportunity – we are not looking for an auditor or ‘police person’ but someone who is able to think; analyse; debate and ensure this business has all the right elements in place to ensure its continued success!